We publish this blog every Friday, so please make sure to follow The African Exponent on Facebook to make sure that you don’t miss out on opportunities that could change your life.
If you have scholarship opportunities you’d like to share or you got a scholarship offer after applying for an opportunity you found on our page, please do get in touch: [email protected].
University of Antwerp Doctoral Scholarship on Urbanization, Poverty and Inequality in Africa
Application Deadline: 8 August, 2020
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society.
They are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day.
Complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments:
- A motivation letter
- Transcripts showing study results of your highest degree
- A 700 to 1000 word research proposal summarizing how you would approach an empirical investigation into Urbanization, Poverty and Inequality in Africa.
Interested? Click HERE for more information and application.
Unicaf Accredited Bachelor, Master's or Doctoral Degree Scholarship
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Generous Unicaf scholarships are available for all programmes in Africa and cover a large percentage of tuition fees for eligible applicants, depending on their financial situation.
The payment of the remaining fees can be paid in monthly installments, to ease the financial burden on students.
More than $100 million worth of Unicaf scholarships have been awarded to more than 30,000 students around the world to earn internationally recognized degrees so far.
What the Unicaf Scholarship involves?
- E-learning system: Your classes will take place in an online environment.
- Tutor Support: Your Student Adviser will walk you through the entire process upfront and will be there to support you every step of the way from first contact to graduation.
- Online Classroom: The online learning experience will include extensive participation and interaction with faculty and fellow students.
Click HERE for more information and application details
University of South Africa Distance Learning Masters Degree Scholarship
Application Deadline: 9 July, 2020
The University of South Africa will be hosting a Distance Learning award. This means that you will be studying for a Masters degree with the University of South Africa, but in your home country.
The following courses are available to apply for a QECS:
- MSc in Agriculture at the College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences (CAES)
- MSc Flotation, MSc Comminution, MSc Biogas, MSc Bio remediation, MSc Fischer Tropsch, MSc Gasification, MSc Process Synthesis at the College of Science, Engineering and Technology (CSET)
- MEd in Open Distance Learning at the College of Education (CEDU)
- All two year distance learning Masters Courses in the College of Economics and Management Sciences (CEMS)
- All two year distance learning Masters Courses College of Human Sciences (CHS)
- High school certificate
- Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate)
- Two references – preferably academic
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
Click HERE to apply.
The Francis H. Brown African Scholarship Fund 2020
Application Deadline: 15 July, 2020
The purpose of the Francis H. Brown African Scholarship Fund is to expand human knowledge and scientific interest in earth sciences and botany related to human origins by providing financial assistance to East African researchers and students pursuing research in these areas.
The fund is further intended to support research that builds on the work of Dr. Francis H. Brown and builds capacity in the earth and botanical sciences in East African institutions.
Award Amount: The maximum award amount is $25,000.
Application: Proposals will be accepted for support twice yearly.
Interested? Apply HERE
Canon Collins Trust & RMTF Scholarship Fund Opportunity 2020
Application Deadline: 10 August, 2020
Canon Collins Trust in partnership with RMTF seeks to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in Africa.
The fund is designed for persons whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society.
In 2021, due to the impact of Covid-19 pandemic and funding availability, the trust will only be supporting postgraduate studies within the area of Education for selected countries in southern Africa.
The research focus must relate to one of the following themes:
- Improving quality of education in Africa
- Access to education in Africa
Value of the scholarship package will range from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on student circumstances. Special consideration will be given to applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
Interested in applying? Click HERE
Luiss University of Rome Masters Scholarship Opportunity for African Students
Application Deadline: 03 July, 2020
Finally, Italy has opened its border of scholarships for studying abroad. Luiss University of Rome is giving scholarships in the Bachelor degree Program & Master’s Degree Program to International students.
This scholarship will cover your full tuition fee for the entire duration of scholarships in Italy. But keep in mind that your next year’s scholarship will remain if you show good performance on academics in the first year.
Scholarships are offered by the admission board upon admission to the most outstanding candidates.
For the 2020/2021 academic year, Luiss will award both general tuition fee waivers and other room and stipend scholarships to international students.
Interested? Click HERE to apply.
Victoria University of Wellington Scholarship Opportunity 2020
Application Deadline: 1 November, 2020
New Zealand Scholarships for International Students at Victoria University of Wellington in the Doctoral Degree Program are open now.
This is the Highest-Paid Scholarship in New Zealand for students across the world.
Postgraduate students can apply for this Fully Funded Scholarship for International students. These scholarships are awarded on academic merit.
To be considered for a Wellington Doctoral Scholarship the applicant must have a strong academic record.
Interested? Click HERE for more information and application details.
MEXT Asia Pacific University Japanese Government Scholarship 2021
Application Deadline: 18 November, 2020
MEXT Asia Pacific University Japanese Government Scholarship is open for All Nationalities holder international students to enroll in MEXT APU University.
Every year Asia Pacific University Japan Scholarship opens its door for Full Undergraduate Degree Program, Graduate Degree Program & Post-Doctoral Degree Program.
Asia Pacific Scholarship does not require IELTS/TOEFL from Students.
Benefits of the MEXT Asia Pacific University Japanese Government Scholarship:
- 100% of Tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class Air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
Interested? Click HERE to apply.
Guy S. Goodwin-Gill University of London Distance Learning Scholarship 2020/2021
Application Deadline: 24 August, 2020
The Guy S. Goodwin-Gill Distance Learning Scholarship is for students of the MA Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies by distance learning who wish to begin their studies in October.
This Distance Learning Scholarship award (worth £8,220) celebrates the career of the refugee law expert, Professor Goodwin-Gill, a close friend and supporter of the Refugee Law Initiative at the School of Advanced Study.
Applicants for the Guy S. Goodwin-Gill scholarship must satisfy all of the following:
- You hold an offer to study the MA Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies for the October intake.
- You cannot accept this offer without financial support.
- You are able to demonstrate outstanding academic merit or potential (particularly by your achievements).
- Applications are welcomed especially from candidates based in low / middle-income countries.
How to Apply:
Download and complete the application form [Word]
Submit with your CV to [email protected] by 24 August 2020
University of Pretoria Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship
Application Deadline: 9 July, 2020
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships provide unique opportunities to study for a Master’s in leading universities in low and middle-income countries throughout the Commonwealth.
Through this experience you will travel to a new country, develop an appreciation and understanding of a new culture, work in a new academic environment and build a global network that will last a lifetime.
- To apply you must be a citizen of (or hold refugee status in) a Commonwealth country other than the country hosting the award.
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living expenses allowance for duration of award
- Return economy flights to host country
- One-off arrival allowance
- Research support grant
Interested? Click HERE to apply