Done with shopping at Amazon and want to remove your financial footprints from the store? Here’s your complete Amazon shopping guide on how to remove a card from Amazon.
Online shopping has become a huge attraction for people around the globe, especially during these pandemic days. When you are confined at home, and are getting bored – Shop some more, things are not available nearby and you can’t risk your health by going out. It’s a must to shop online. In a nutshell, shopaholics like me don’t let a single chance went by to shop.
In terms of shopping, Amazon is a pretty convenient site overall, but if you are a newbie then managing the account. Also, handling other details could be extremely overwhelming for you sometimes.
If you aren’t familiar with the site’s function and links, the chances are that you are going to man oeuvre a lot to search for a specific task you are trying to complete.
For suppose, you are shopping online at Amazon, and doesn’t know how to cancel an order, or contact your seller or simply how to remove your financial footprints from Amazon.
There are many cases in which a buyer may want to remove or change their credentials or delete payment details. But do you know how to do it on Amazon?
Read the article below to know a step-by-step guide about how to remove a card from Amazon.
How to Remove a Card from Amazon?
At Amazon, you get the option to make payments online where you can save details of your debit card/credit card/e-wallet and help you shopping every time hassle-free and save your time. But, at times when you don’t think that your payment details should be there on your amazon account, then Amazon gives you the option to remove your card or payment details.
So, come with us and let us tell you exactly how to remove a card from Amazon.
1. Go to Amazon’s website on a browser on your PC or Mac.
2. Log in to your account if necessary and open the homepage
3. Hover your cursor over the section saying “Accounts and Lists” and select “Your account”
4. There you would see an array of options. Go to the ‘Ordering and Shopping Preferences’ and select ‘Payment options’
5. Go to ‘Your Credit and Debit Cards’ and click the down arrow to the right of the card you want to delete.
6. Click ‘Remove’
7. A pop-up would appear asking for confirmation to remove the card. Click ‘confirm remove’. This would successfully remove your debit/credit card from Amazon.
How to Remove a Gift-Card from Amazon?
Like many other online stores, Amazon also allows you to pay for your shopping via Gift-cards as well as credit/debit card. Unfortunately, Amazon-branded gift cards cannot be removed from the Amazon store once you have redeemed them. However, gift cards issued by companies like Visa, or MasterCard can be removed in a similar manner as credit or debit cards.
Here’s how you can delete them easily.
1. Open Amazon store on a browser at PC or Mac
2. Log in to your account
3. On the top of the screen and right of the search bar, click ‘Accounts and Lists’. A drop-down menu will appear
4. On the drop-down menu, select ‘Your Account’
5. The next screen will take you to an array of options. Scroll down and click on ‘Payment Options’ in the far-left column.
6. A page will appear showing all the saved payment methods you used so far to make online purchases on the Amazon store. Locate the payment method (credit/gift card) and click on the downward menu next to it.
7. This will open a drop-down menu. On the drop-down menu, click on the tab titled ‘Remove’
8. A pop-up window will appear confirming deleting your card. Select ‘Confirm remove’ and voila – your card is now just removed from the store.
Manage/Change Payment Methods
Sometimes we just look forward to changing our payment methods. For instance, changing credit/debit card etc. The procedure of managing or changing payment methods on Amazon is pretty easy as well. All you need is to pay attention and follow the steps below.
1. Open Amazon.com on your PC or Mac
2. Log in to your account
3. Go to Account and Lists > Your Account
4. Select Payment Options
5. Now to add a payment method click Payment options> Add a Card
6. To edit payment methods, select Your credit and debit cards > Edit ‘or’ Remove
This would help you successfully change your payment methods and billing options.
Amazon is one of the biggest and finest E-commerce websites on the web and a dream place for every shopaholic. However, some tiny issues like these can halt your cool shopping spree and spoil your mood as well. Hope this article would help you harness all those obstacles and enjoy a great time splurging at Amazon.