The Kenyan police have arrested six men suspected of planning an attack sponsored by Somali militant group, Al-Shabaab.
Inspector General Joseph Boinnet on Sunday in a statement said that two of the suspects were Kenyans while four were Somali nationals.
“The six had been dispatched from Burhanche in Somalia by their commanders to launch attacks in Kenya,” Bonnet said.
He said the police also sized assembled explosives, four suicide vests and bomb-making materials including TNT.
To foil the attack and capture the suspects, Kenyan security forces collaborated with their counterparts in Somalia. The suspects are being questioned to establish the extent of the entire network and their plans.
In recent weeks, Kenya has lost 20 officers in various attacks in which Al-Shabaab militia has taken the blame. The attacks have mostly been on deserted roads in Northern Kenya and Improvised Explosives Devices (IEDs) have been used.