When you are working on the development of the new mobile application it’s important to create a pre-launch marketing strategy to start your promotional activities before your product or service is released to the market. This way you will get organic downloads during the first weeks after the product is released which is crucial for its further promotion. Below are the most important pre-launch tactics you should implement.
- According to ComboApp mobile marketing agency, the first thing that you should do is conduct the market research and the analysis of your competitors. It is important to understand what you are going to face until you do it. Identify your perfect client and think about his needs and what he wants to get in your product. Subscribe to the blogs and news of your competitors to keep abreast of their updates, developing, etc. Think about how you can attract the attention of the audience while they make the choice between a few similar apps or services.
- App brand messages should be clear and easy to understand. Customers identify your brand with them and it performs better when an app has specific brand info.
- Think about PR content in advance. Find journalists, bloggers, influencers in your niche who can write about your product and attract more audience for you. You need to create an informative press release with logo images in different resolutions, screenshots of your product, information about your team, product facts, etc. For example, if you are developing a language learning app, you need to search for bloggers and reviewers in the educational field or those who have reviewed similar products or your direct competitors. You can also reach out to journalists in the tech niche, however, this topic may be too far from the area of their interest.
- Create a website or a landing page dedicated to the mobile app that you are planning to launch in the nearest future. Here you can provide your potential customers with all the needed relevant information about the launch, updates, etc. In the future, it can be just one more platform for communicating with your potential customers and listening to their comments and complaints. Remember to add relevant keywords for SEO optimization. For successful SEO development, you should be aware of current search engine optimization trends and strategies, including voice search, schema markup, semantic and technical SEO hints, and others.
- Email marketing plays a big role as well. Though it would be much better if you manage to collect emails from people who are really interested in your product.
- Remember about building app monetization strategy, whether you interact with a customer to monetize your product or service. It is important to think about it from the start and create a plan to follow.
- Social media has too big importance nowadays. That is why you ought to set up social media accounts for your mobile app. Enter the details of the application and place it in the banner so everyone who visits your accounts can see it. Make sure to keep your social media accounts active, post the news and communicate with your audience. Otherwise, you will not get the new followers, but also will lose the existing ones.
- Create a demo-video. It is proven that people perceive visual content better. Create a captivating video about the value of your product and share it on social media or platforms like YouTube.