We all know that the right mattress plays an important role in giving proper posture to your body. Even an infant is laid on a wooden cradle so that its spine is straight. This alignment keeps their spine strong and in the right position. Since a mattress plays a vital role, we cannot afford to compromise on it. You don’t wish to wake up with pain every day.
By choosing the best mattress brand, you are sure to get a good and comfortable sleep. Sleep deprivation is a serious problem that can give birth to various health issues.
Different kinds of sleeping positions determine the kind of mattress a person needs. If you’re a side sleeper, then your bed needs to be firm, but if you sleep on your back or stomach, then your mattress needs to be firmer. Any deterioration in the foam or coil can make it uneven and uncomfortable.
Let’s see few symptoms that may help you best to understand when you require replacing it –
● Excess wear and tear
● Uncomfortable and uneven
● Disturbing spouse
● Dust and mites
● Changing weight
The mattress industry recommends a replacement every 8 years. This is because it has dealt with a lot of pressure all these years and the original comfort and softness has already faded. Although you have maintained it well by flipping it every six months, cleaning it every week, and protecting it with mattress cover, the gentleness of springs has been damaged by now and it will not provide you the same comfort that it used to.
Excess wear and tear
Mattresses have spring coils covered with layers of foam. When excess pressure is put on it then it sags from that place. However, the moment you get up, instantly the foam springs back to its normal shape. This is an indication of good quality mattress. However, when you observe that even after moving out, your mattress is used in and is taking time to come back to its normal shape, then it means your coils are no longer supporting resilience.
Uncomfortable and uneven
Sagging can be a problem because when you rest on it you will always have a sinking feeling. This means your spine isn’t in proper alignment and it is bending. This can put strain and pressure on your spine, which can either damage it or give your back tremendous pain. Apart from that, if you try changing your position at night, you wouldn’t be able to do so because your mattress is not providing you enough space to move.
Some mattresses have pocketed coils, which means if somebody on the other side of the bed is continuously tossing then the resilience effect prevents those vibrations from reaching you. This way both partners can have sound sleep.
However, if your partner snores then you might have to look for another room. With time due to tremendous wear and tear, the resilience power subsides, which results in disturbance on both sides of bed. When you face a problem while your partner is changing position then changing room isn’t the option, but changing the mattress surely is.
Dust and mites
Sometimes due to static electricity, foam attracts dust. When it has been long that you have been using a mattress without a cover, then there can be stains which are converted to algae and fungus. Such unhygienic patterns can lead to infection and allergies at home. Whosoever is sleeping on this bed will either get some sort of skin disease or keep sneezing.
Many family members have a tendency of gaining and losing weight. This tremendous change in body weight can also affect the softness of your mattress. Even pregnant ladies who suddenly gain weight put a lot of pressure on the mattress. Thus, you need to understand that flipping it might help for certain years, but after that you need to swap it.
Well, it might sound easy, but it isn’t actually. Anybody can afford to acquire the latest mattress, but if you’re accustomed to your old hard mattress with lots of lumps and smell, then it might take you some time to adjust with the brand new one.
Here are few things that you should know about a new mattress –
- Your old mattress had taken the form of your body and you were quite comfortable and accustomed to it by now so it might take you some time to adjust with the new one. Be sure that it’ll take around a month for you to adjust with your new brand.
- A new mattress has a peculiar smell, which is often of the factory and chemicals within which it was manufactured and sealed for days. The smell gets trapped in it which might make you uneasy for a time being although the smell isn’t harmful or allergic, but this smell might annoy you for certain days.
- When you receive your mattress, you might find certain blemishes, loose threads or scuffs at some places. There is nothing to worry about you can remove those threads, but the warranty and durability isn’t hampered because of these minor things.
- Since you are used to your flat mattress that has become hard with time, therefore you might face problems with the new one because it is thick and tough. You might feel that your bed’s height is touching the ceiling. And your bed sheets are no longer fitting on your bed, but this doesn’t mean that you have chosen the wrong measurement being new every feature is in a good state.
- Initial days, you might wake up at night with uneasiness because your body is accustomed to the wrong and uneven posture so correct posture is unknown to it. Now your spine and every part of the body is getting correct support so it might get inconvenient for you for a certain time period.
- Sleeping on a new mattress is difficult so initial days you might take some time to doze off but that will also fade with time.
- Tossing and turning is common on new beds, because you’re accustomed to a sagged bed and straight and even a mattress is bothering you. You might also feel that it’s hurting your bones or shoulders while sleeping sideways, well that’s only because your bedding is even now.
It might sound terrifying but if you buy the right mattress after reading reviews about all the top brands online, then your decision can be better. This online site delivers unbiased feedback for all brands and their sleep related products. Since they understand the value of sleep in a person’s life, therefore they try their best to help everyone with correct information.