If you’re currently traveling in South Africa, you should know that now is the perfect time to enjoy Blackjack at one of the many online casinos available in the country. South Africa is a great place to visit and even more so now that online casinos are open for business.
Blackjack, sometimes known as 21, is a very popular casino game that's enjoyed by players all around the world. The game is simple enough to get into but difficult to master, making it a very rewarding and exciting game to play. You can get started playing 21 Blackjack online casino games today by signing up for one of South Africa’s top online casinos.
How to Play Blackjack
Blackjack is played using decks of cards, with each card having a numerical value. During the game, you play directly against the dealer, rather than against other players as with other games like Poker. The object of the game is to hit a higher card number than the dealer while being careful not to go over twenty-one.
It sounds simple enough, but the game is filled with lots of different strategies and ways to get ahead and improve your odds. Below, you can find some more details about the different kinds of Blackjack games on offer and how to maximize your chances of winning.
Types of Blackjack
At South African casinos, you can usually find a decent number of different Blackjack variations. Because it’s such a popular game, there are loads of versions featuring different rules and styles of play. Here are a few of the most popular types you’ll find at South African casinos:
• Classic Blackjack – The standard game of Blackjack that you’ll usually be most familiar with. Beating the dealer is the objective of the game, and getting twenty-one will land you an instant win while going over will mean you lose.
• Live Blackjack – In this game type, rather than playing against a computer using RNG to determine which cards are dealt, you’ll play against a real dealer. Live Blackjack brings you the authentic casino experience, using a live stream of a dealer using real cards. Lots of South African casinos now offer live Blackjack games.
• Progressive Blackjack – Rules are the same as Classic Blackjack, but there’s the addition of a progressive jackpot. Players can add an extra bet each hand, increasing the pot which can be won at any point in the game.
Winning at Blackjack
Although it may seem like the game is based on chance, there is a fair amount of skill involved in Blackjack too. This means that by mastering the game, you can improve your chances of winning when playing Blackjack online. Here are a few tips on being successful while playing Blackjack:
• Learn strategy – It’s important to remember that the main goal of Blackjack isn’t to hit twenty-one but rather to beat the dealer. If you use proper strategy, you can win with low cards too. Your choice of which decision to make should always be based on the dealer’s cards as well as your own.
• Set your budget – Always set a budget before you start and be careful to go over your limits. You should set both a win and loss limit to ensure that you don’t get carried away.
• Pick a game with the best playing rules – Picking a game that’s favorable to you is always best. Be sure to fully understand the rules before playing and test it out by playing the demo if you have to.