What is usability? How can a UX design professional help a business? How does usability affect SEO site promotion? What are the ways to improve the interface? We tell in the article.
Usability to Promote the Site
The user should easily find the necessary information, and not be confused in functionality and structure, thus receiving aesthetic pleasure from interacting with a site. The simplicity, comfort, and security that can be guaranteed by Soax proxies determine usability - a combination of UX and UI site design.
UX - User Experience, the feeling of interacting with the interface: how easy it is to act to achieve a certain goal.
UI - User Interface (User Interface), determines the appearance: design colors, convenience, readability of text, and visual elements.
The higher the level of usability of the site, the more convenient it is for visitors, which affects the SEO promotion of the site.
Basic Usability Parameters
You need to look at the site in its entirety and understand how UX design meets the requirements. After all, the usability of the site directly affects the improvement of analytics, time spent on the pages, and the number of effective clicks. One of the qualitative assessments of site promotion is the analysis of the main parameters of usability, namely:
- How quickly the user performs the desired action: order the product, read the article or get advice?
- Is it easy for the user to navigate, and does not interfere with the web design of the site, advertising, or pop-ups?
- Will help the user experience to quickly navigate the site on the next visit?
- How satisfied the user is with the appearance and information? Web design, content, and navigation are taken into account.
- What is the number of errors and incorrect actions of the user when navigating the site?
Web designers strive to reduce the cost of interaction as much as possible:
- reduce the number of clicks to reach the goal;
- increase the page load speed;
- distractions are removed;
- make the steps to the goal as simple as possible.
For sites and web applications, it is convenient to estimate the cost of interaction in the number of clicks and time spent by the user to solve problems. Conversion is also a good measure of the cost of interaction. It is easy to measure the number of users who bought a product or registered on the site.
Why Is It Useful to Think about Usability When Developing a Site?
Depending on the specifics of the business, improving the interface and caring for users gives a result that has a positive effect on site promotion:
- increases user conversion;
- increases customer loyalty and return;
- improves the performance of employees and reduces the cost of their training;
- increases sales and opens new product niches.
Ease of use of the site and clear calls to action affect the important parameters of analytics. Thanks to the user-friendly interface and clear path to the goal, users stay on the site longer and visit more pages. As a result, bounce rates are declining, and viewing depth and clicks are increasing. This will help increase the site's ranking on Google.