Running e-commerce through an ASP.NET platform gives access to Microsoft solutions such as active database integration. Through the SharePoint AD, one can keep tabs on user profiles and your own data. The solution is a web-based application that is usually synchronized with your e-commerce profile.
If you have just started using your .NET e-commerce solution, then you need to understand how the SharePoint active directory works as early as now to take full advantage of it. The steps in setting it up are easy and we have enumerated them below so you know.
How to Setup SharePoint Active Directory
First, you need to connect to an active directory and you need the domain controller name and the server’s name. Finally, get the Base DN and set it up as your root directory. Since it is a technical process, always ask IT personnel to configure it for you.
The create new feature will help you create a new connection on the SharePoint active directory. Once it is open, you can configure and customize it as you want such as giving it a new title and direction.
The last part is data entry configuration which will help you keep user-profile data for future use. You might have data entries 1, 2, and so forth. After successful synchronization, you will now have an active SharePoint active directory.
Benefits of SharePoint Active Directory
If you check VirtoSoftware, you will notice that SharePoint active directory is one of the tools to help your business scale up by managing data easily. But there are many detailed benefits as discussed here:
- Easy to set up – Apart from creating an active database, you can synchronize with an external data source for better management of your e-commerce thanks to ASP.NET e-commerce solution that uses Microsoft’s solutions.
- Up to date data – Once connected successfully, you are guaranteed current data at all times. It is a cloud-based solution and all data is updated in real time. This way, you can have many people managing your business remotely.
- Notifications – If any of the data changes, all users are updated the same. This makes business management very easy, especially where many users are involved.
- Data security – You can configure security features easily for your SharePoint active directory. SharePoint has a secure data store that hackers cannot access. Even with an external data store, you are assured of security.
- Dynamic support – Apart from the layer2 data we have discussed, SharePoint active directory supports a lot of other users' data engines such as MySQL, SQL, XML, and Oracle, among others. Hence, you have a big option of where to access customer and products data.
- Gives full control – This application has a logging option to give you the control you need for your data. You can set up the users who will access it to avoid misuse of data.
From all of these insights, it is clear that your SharePoint active directory is an important tool in any business. It is the best user profile and products data manager you can have. The best thing is that you can access external data, especially if you want to market your products.