There are several benefits of these bi-fold doors and they have become the top choice for every homeowner these days. However, in the market these days you will find so many different varieties that for an average buyer, it becomes very difficult to select the right type of bi-fold doors for your need.
Bi-folding Door Factory also offers various bifold doors that can perform very well and the company will also offer long warranties and as a buyer, you can great a great value for your money.
Before we discuss further, let us try to know a few advantages of such bi-fold doors.
- You can get lots of natural light in your home that can help your well-being. Also, this can offer you a sense of more space in the room.
- These doors can create a very good visual for the outdoors.
- There are many different configurations and styles available and hence you can select one that can perfectly suit your home.
- If you go for aluminium bi-fold doors, then you will find that they need very little maintenance. However, timber bi-fold doors will need a bit more maintenance to keep them in top condition.
- You can have large glass panes.
- Level thresholds can also be an option
- You can incorporate an access door into the configuration.
Which material will be better for Bi-fold doors?
It is better to go for aluminium, which is a strong and durable material and needs very little maintenance hence will be more preferable. You can keep your doors free from dirt by simply wiping with cloth regularly.
How secure are your Bi-fold doors?
You will find the aluminium Bi-fold doors available from a few reputed suppliers that will be fully tested independently and will meet all the security standards that may be needed.
Your main door must have a suitable lever handle having a multi-point locking, while the intermediate doors will be secured by using a shoot bolt, which can be operated by using an intermediate handle too.
Often many homeowners want to know whether it will be possible to have any kind of level threshold between your home and garden. Therefore, it is very important to consider if your garden is located in a certain sheltered area or is open to various elements.
In case a low threshold will be needed then there are manufacturers available who can supply you aluminium bi-folds having a thermally broken threshold of 24mm which may not have been tested under severe weather conditions. Usually, the standard threshold will be 45mm and that will be with a complete weather rating.
Can you install bi-fold doors in any older home?
If you want to install bi-fold doors for your older house, then you can get it made to any of your bespoke sizes so that it can fit either on your existing opening or you can use an extension, so that you can get sufficient natural light into your home.
Since bi-fold doors will be made up to seven metres wide, you have to consider certain installing structural support too.