One of the most outstanding achievements of technology in the 21s century is the ability to compress video and share it seamlessly across mobile platforms – or devices. Of course, we all love HD videos, but there is a limit to how many 4k videos our mobile devices or computer can accommodate, hence the need to convert WebM to MP4.
As you would have noticed, using a WinX Video Converter for WebM to MP4 conversions is more accessible than downloading a Webm player application on your devices – which occupies more space.
This article will highlight and discuss everything you need to know about Webm and Mp4 video formats, and most importantly, how you can compress video without compromising on quality. The days of poor quality compressed videos are long gone, and you don’t have to delete your old videos anymore to accommodate new ones (Hint: There is no such thing as ‘old videos’!)
What is WebM Video Format?
Initially developed by On2, Matroska, and Xiph before its adoption by Google, WebM is an audio-visual supported file format that provides a royalty-free substitute to HTML5 video and audio. It was released on 18 May 2010 and is a twin project to WebP, designed to support images only.
WebM is compatible with most of the world’s famous web browsers like Google Chrome, Opera Mini, and Firefox. However, modern users find videos in WebM formats to be very heavy and occupy a lot of space.
Why is MP4 Preferred to WebM?
Also referred to as MPEG-4, MP4 is a digital audio-video multimedia storage format. Apart from storing files in smaller bytes when you compress video or convert WebM to MP4 directly, MP4can also be used to store data.
Unlike many traditional multimedia storage options, MP4 can be used to store subtitles and motion graphic images. It is also one of the easiest formats that promote seamless streaming over the internet.
How to Convert WebM to MP4
Thanks to modern technology, converting WebM to MP4 is like ordering a piece of cake over the telephone. Whether over the phone or on your mobile device, you can achieve the best results using a WinX Video Converter in the following steps.
Step 1: Download the FREE WinX Video Converter on Mobile or PC
Step 2: Install and Open the Converter
Step 3: Upload the WEBM you wish to convert
Step 5: Then, Convert! Yes, it is that simple, and you have a brand new MP4 video ready for use.
Why Should You Choose WinX Video Converter?
The real question should be, ‘why shouldn’t you?’ WinX Video Converter is a tested and trusted proven tool efficient to compress video and convert WebM to MP4 in record time. Users of the tool and critics alike have also attested to the high-quality levels of videos produced after conversion.
Below, we have highlighted the points that make WinX Video Converter one of the best video converting tools available today.
- Compression Rate: It boasts of the highest compression rates, reducing files up to 90% less for seamless online/offline sharing and storage.
- GPU-acceleration: The tool efficiently employs the GPU and CPU to enable the best quality outputs in real-time.
- Quality: Users experience no quality loss when converting WebM to MP4 – or any other format using the tool.
- Multiple Tool Options: It offers an all-in-one option where you can add subtitles, merge, cut, crop, and trim your video using the tool without having to download a separate software or application.
- Offline Option: You can work offline, and the privacy of your data is 100% guaranteed!
- Inputs and Outputs: You can take advantage of hundreds of inputs and outputs to upload/convert videos of any compatible format.