Gambling started in the 1400’s in Canada, it was very popular and enjoyed by most. The first slot machines were designed in 1887 when the liberty bell machine was created. In 1892 all gambling was called illegal and was prohibited. In the year 1900, they were allowed to gamble on bingo and raffles, and the gambling was extended to lotteries in 1969 and land-based casinos in 1980.
Each province of Canada started to regulate their gambling laws since 1985. Now regulated by Kahnawake reserve, 70% of the Canadian population is involved in some form of gambling. None of the rules or laws stipulated the prohibition of online gambling.
Canadians prefer video slots and progressive slots that include scatter symbols, wild symbols, stacked wilds, explosive characters. The video slots are mostly 5 reel machines (vertically 5 columns that contain the characters and the lines are the number of rows you will find to complete the layout). They contain 2 types of winning combinations paylines which could be fixed and flexible. They are normally payable from left to right with maximum of 243 combinations. You can find a selection of 10, 15, 20, 25, 100 and 243 paylines when it comes to the video slots and animations.
Playing progressive and video slot machines is some of the slots with the lowest odds to the players. You need to play the game right way, some slots prefer maximum bet to win maximum bonuses, others what you to spread your bets to increase the highest payout bonuses. This is normally the jackpot or the highest paying characters that will allow you to qualify for this. Allow yourself to be guided by the return to player rate to choose the appropriate casino. Competitive slots normally have an RTP rate of between 95% and 98%.
Bonuses for Online Slots in Canada
There are no specific bonuses for Canadians exclusively; however, the standard bonuses will apply.
Match bonus give you a percentage of your deposit, usually 100% to double your deposit.
- Welcome bonus: Is given after creating your account and making a minimum deposit or you can get Canada online casino no deposit bonus just for signing up click to read.
- Free Spins: allow you to play online slot machines without using your own money and normally coupled with the match bonus.
- Stacked wilds: This is when the wilds are stacked on top of each other increasing the bonus amount and winnings.
- Multipliers: The bonus amount is multiplied; sometimes it is a combination of free spins and multipliers.
- Scatters: Scatters . The random high paying characters normally trigger bonus rounds and do not need to be in any sequence; however, they amplify your winnings.
- Exploding characters: The regular bonus feature in progressive or video or 3D slot machines. They explode on the reels making a place for new combinations and increasing the winnings when on a winning payline.
Each slot machine has a minimum and a maximum betting value. The lowest coin value is 0.01 depending on the payline of the slot machine. You can also choose autoplay function on the machine where your previous bet will be valid for a number of rounds. Each game can be played for fun and for real money. Play the mobile version on your phone or tablet, or desktop.