I think you are familiar not by hearsay with torrent files. Well, even if familiar, briefly talk about them. So, a torrent is such a special protocol for sharing files between users. The main feature of this protocol is that users download files not from the server, but each other - in fact, directly from personal computers.The List of the Top Torrent Clients
How do all torrent clients work? The protocol selects the fastest source, and in the event of a shutdown or decrease in speed, it will select another source. Files are not downloaded sequentially, but in different segments, which allows you to organize distribution in a very flexible way: as soon as you start downloading something, you are automatically included in the distribution at the same time, allowing other users to download those pieces of the file that you have downloaded. In principle, nothing complicated. Let us start reviewing the top clients.uTorrent
This is a fast, convenient, free, and compact torrent client. The µTorrent client is by far one of the most functional solutions for working with the BitTorrent network.
The program combines optimal functionality with a small size. It supports work regardless of the tracker, allows you to download multiple files at once, has a custom bandwidth, fast recovery of the interrupted download, and much more. When it comes to torrent downloads, it is not a secret that all users always want to download utorrent.
The main features of the program include:
• support of parallel downloads;
• set of simultaneous multi-threaded downloads;
• management through the uTorrent built-in scheduler;
• uTorrent can set the priority of traffic and adjust the speed;
• quick stop and resume download functions;
• support of UPnP and NAT-PMP, as well as popular protocol extensions;
• low consumption of RAM and small size of the program;
• support for reading RSS feeds and downloading torrent announcements;
• interaction with other clients without the need for the main tracker (DHT);
• support encryption protocol;
• built-in remote control via HTTP-protocol, using a web-interface (WebUI);
• work in all versions of Windows operating systems;
• the ability to the remote control.
uTorrent attracts with its ease and efficiency. Also, the program is not at all demanding on system resources, which allows it to be used on all computers, without exceptions. A wide range of options.
Flexible configuration of the control panel and the interface itself. The main disadvantages of the program: advertising; minor bugs in work.BitTorrent
The next torrent client is BitTorrent. This is one of the most popular torrent clients. The BitTorrent torrent client is used by more than 80 million people worldwide. A free peer-to-peer program aimed at the ability to download large files from the BitTorrent file-sharing network.
Key features include:
• dynamic bandwidth control network;
• BitTorrent does not interfere with the work of other programs connected to the Internet;
• parallel loading of multiple files;
• search for identical files to speed up the download;
• search files on the network (in the browser window);
• the ability to create and distribute torrent files;
• logging downloads;
• work from the system tray;
• detailed information about media files ensures the security of BitTorrent downloads.
A distinctive feature of this network is a very high speed of downloading a file, which is achieved by the original way of issuing a file from several computers at once, even in the case when the entire file is not on them yet. The main disadvantages for users: advertising; it is rumored that the client may become paid.BitComet
BitComet is software for managing BitTorrent / HTTP / FTP downloads. BitComet is powerful, fast, easy to use, and completely free. It contains many advanced features that can speed up the boot process by 5-10 times.
Key features include:
• work through a proxy server;
• detailed download statistics;
• support for multiple downloads at the same time, you can set the order of downloads, there is a download recovery function;
• No need to search for the original torrent file in order to continue the previously started download;
• recognizes Magnet links;
• intellectual caching;
• priority files;
• preview video files during download (usually requires more than 2/3 of the video file to be downloaded);
• the ability to chat with other users of the program;
• automatic shutdown of computer power after the completion of downloads according to the options specified in the settings;
• built-in video player flv-files;
• adjustment for updating third-party computer programs;
• Support DHT and peer exchange.
Free, powerful, and convenient torrent client. Supports parallel downloads, queue, resume, there is a chat, port reassignment, the ability to filter by IP, there are settings for the speed limit. There is a preview function downloadable files (MP3, rmvb, wmv, qt). It has an intuitive interface that any novice user can handle and easily master the work with this client.
The main disadvantages of the program:
• slightly overloaded interface;
• consumes a lot of resources;
• on some trackers is not allowed.MediaGet
MediaGet is a torrent client of Russian developers. In one of the latest updated versions added the function of the safe mode. This function blocks the exchange of IP-addresses with anti-piracy organizations. This is how the “calculation” of swinging from torrent trackers occurs around the world. More than 2 million IP-addresses of these organizations have already been added to the constantly updated database.Key features include:
• the ability to search for files of the required size;
• convenient search;
• an excellent base of various films, regularly updated;
• the ability to export or import file downloads;
• easy installation;
• “share” function, you can easily send a link to download an interesting file;
• online viewing;
It supports a huge number of open torrent trackers and provides access to closed peer-to-peer networks. Allows you to search and download files at maximum speed by name and size, without requiring registration.The main disadvantages of the program:
• not a convenient directory;
• minor application’s bugs;
• the program has not been updated for a long time.