Knowingly or unknowingly, we have built a world that can easily come to a halt if the Internet services are stopped for a day. This is because use the Internet to find information, shop different kinds of items, book tickets for movies and flights, and more.
However, many users are unaware that their private life becomes vulnerable when they go online. For instance, we now have evidence about much of the data information that Google and Facebook keeps track of. This information includes but is not limited to your travel and search history, events that you have attended in the past, and more.Think You Are Safe Under Incognito Mode? Read This!
- Almost every popular browser including Mozilla’s Firefox and Google’s Chrome offer incognito mode or private browsing mode. When it’s activated, then your browsing history is not saved by the browser, and the websites you access are not provided with cookies and other data to store. This means that your family members and friends can’t see your online activities. However, the same websites are visible to your Internet Service Provider (ISP), employer, and college depending on where you view from and the server settings.
- How can this be avoided? In order to ensure a free and secure internet, just find the best free VPN fitting for your situation, and you can provide yourself with an invaluable layer of privacy and security to protect your online identity.
Your Privacy is in Your Hands
- Apart from risks to your online privacy, your financial information is also vulnerable when you are shopping or making payments online. When using incognito mode, the browser simply creates a new temporary IP address which is easily traceable when doing something as simple as logging into Gmail or a banking website. Incognito mode is good in some instances, it is just important to understand its limitations.
- If you don’t want anyone including your system administrator and ISP to monitor your online activities, then you need a VPN when browsing the internet.
- VPN stands for Virtual Private Network which is a technology that allows you to access the Internet via a remote server. With this, the information you send and receive via the network connection is also protected through different security measures and tunnelling techniques.
- Here is how VPN works: the data sent from your end is encrypted and decrypted at the receiving end, and it’s sent via a virtual tunnel which protects the data from unauthorized agents (hackers and cybercriminals) that may try to tap into the data stream. In the digital age we live in, it is extremely important to practice proper online security protocols, especially to secure online payments from hackers.
- There are many benefits of VPN services apart from online security. For starters, you can access geo-restricted websites that are blocked in your country, like Netflix which is banned in some countries. You can also buy digital products like video games, movies, etc. at cheaper rates online as they are often priced differently based on the economies of different countries. So, if you are based in the US, then you can access the online store via a server based in Thailand to find lower purchase rates.
- Today, online privacy has become a controversial subject as Internet users around the world are realizing how vulnerable they are when leading companies like Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc. are storing their personal data and selling it to third-party companies for advertising/marketing purposes. The good news is that you can safeguard your privacy by taking some easy steps yourself. Using a VPN service is easily one of the best ones you can take today.