What is The Blog advertisements program?
- The Blog advertisements program is a series of features and tools that allows columnists on The African Exponent Blogs to generate revenue from the content that they publish. This program allows Blog publishers to display advertisements in their content and make money when people view and click on them.
How do I join the Blog advertisements program?
- Every blogger is part of The African Exponent Blog advertisements program. Each blogger can decide to activate or deactivate advertisements on their content and this ensures that bloggers continue to have autonomous control of their blog. When publishing a new article, navigate to Advertising on the top-right tab and select on to have advertisements on your article.
Can I turn off advertisements on my blog?
- You can turn off advertisements on your articles anytime. Navigate to:
Turn onthen save preferences.
How long is the trial period?
- Each blog has a 6 months trial period in which 100% of the advertisements revenue is paid to the blogger.
- The trial period starts the moment you create a blog, except for blogs created before August 1st 2017.
- For blogs that were created before the implementation of the blogs advertisements, the trial period starts on August 1st 2017.
What is the sharing ratio of the advertisements revenue?
- The generated revenue is shared 80% to the blogger and 20% to The African Exponent.
Is there a threshold revenue that I have to reach before a transfer is made?
- Yes, we only transfer money after you accumulate $50.00.
How can I view the amount of revenue I have made?
- Log into your account and navigate to:
Revenue. The interface will display your daily, weekly and monthly revenue.
How do I get paid?
- We use the following money transfer application to deliver money:
- Western Union
- World Remit
- Wave (if you live in Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda)
- We will need to get your details for at least one of the aforementioned applications. If none of them are applicable to you, please give us a trusted application that we can use.
*It is the sole responsibility of the blogger to ensure that the other application is trustworthy.
- Please note that any transfer charges are deducted from your revenue, so it is in your interest to find the cheapest money transfer means.
- Should your money transfer preference change, please ensure that you update them accordingly. The African Exponent will not be held responsible for money transferred to a wrong account if you entered incorrect or outdated information.
How often do you transfer the amount of money to I have accumulated?
- If you have reached your threshold revenue, we will transfer your income within 5 business days after the 22nd of any particular month.
How can I track money send?
- We will send you a receipt verifying that we have sent your money. If the money transfer means you use have the tracking functionality, we will provide necessary details for you to track it.
How can I view the traffic on my blog?
- We have built-in stats that show who each article is performing across various platforms. Navigate to blogging, click on details for a particular article and a side window showing traffic and general stats on the article will pop up.
- You can navigate to this tab by logging into your African Exponent account and clicking on the stats tab to view the general performance of your blog.
How can I increase traffic to my blog?
- Publish in-depth articles on subjects or issues that your are particularly knowledgeable in and/or have interest in.
- Publish articles regularly.
- While we courage you to publish regularly, it is the quality of your articles that is likely to attract readers and increase your followers traffic.
- Share your content on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and various relevant forums to ensure it reaches a greater audience.
- Have a detailed and informative blog description.