The first thing that comes to our mind when we talk about summer or winter is to pack our bags and travel. Even introverts like to travel to new places. However, one thing that is closely related to exploring new places is pain and injuries which makes travelling very difficult at times. Moreover, if you are prone to injuries, then you should keep a few things in mind for a pain-free trip. Here are the points to keep in mind while going on a trip.
• Know the condition of your body first: If you are suffering from any pain or you had a history of that, then you must consult your doctor and discuss your trip. It will help you know if you need to take the medication in a particular condition. You should also consider carrying a first aid box to ensure that small injuries can be dealt with and you do not find yourself at sea and look here and there for little things.
• Avoid packing too much: We tend to carry as much as we can for a trip. Avoid that. Remember, you are going on a journey so the lighter you are, the happier you will be. If you are prone to pain, then you must take extra care. Carry only the essential stuff which doesn’t become a burden later. If you must take a lot of items, then it is better to take a trolley rather than a heavy backpack.
• Right posture: A proper posture is the best way to minimize the chances of back and neck pain. If you are going on a long tour, then it is better to sit or lie properly to prevent any injury. It can be very challenging to maintain a good posture if you are travelling for a long time. You must take care that there is no pressure at your back or neck. The moot point is that you should feel comfortable and do not catch an injury.
• Take breaks: You must take breaks regularly to prevent any muscle cramps, especially in the hip region and spine. If you are on a flight or a train, take a few steps every hour. If you are driving a car, you must stop every two hours and stretch your body towards the front and then back. It will keep your spine and muscle stress-free and improve blood circulation.
• Proper planning: If you are subjected to back or shoulder pain, then you must carry the medicines you need to get relief. You can apply some ice pack if that is available around. Keep some anti-inflammatory medications prescribed by your physicians. Moreover, carry a pillow, a neck pillow to support your neck. If you are travelling in winters, make sure you take warm clothes. If you are worried about your pain, then you must consult with your doctor before leaving.
• Eat the right food: When we leave for a vacation, we are in a happy mood and due to that we end up gobbling too much food without thinking about the consequences. If you are on an outing with your family or friends, you tend to eat whatever you feel like. However, it may turn your joyful moments to a gloomy situation and turn the whole vacation into a misery. Some food items may look delicious and healthy, but they could be containing harmful preservatives. So take extra care while you eat and plan a balanced diet to remain fit and healthy.
• Don’t be in a rush: You may want to travel to many places in a short period; however, it is not a great way to visit and enjoy a vacation. You can enjoy a trip if you take ample time to explore things around the place. You can meet new people, know their culture, festivals and learn a lot more if you spend time on your trip.
• Get travel insurance: We do not want to or think of getting robbed, injured or ill while travelling. However, at times, such untoward incidents happen. You may get hurt or lose some costly items when you are on a journey. If one opts for travel insurance, they do not have to get in a tizzy about substantial medical expenses or a lost/stolen gadget. Travel insurance is quite cheap, so you do not have to spend a lot on this. It is a smart thing to do for a delightful travel experience.
• Stay in touch with family and friends: When you go out on a vacation, you want to enjoy and do not want to be bothered. But one must find time to speak to their family members and friends and update them about their whereabouts and the next travel destination. Being in touch with your family and friends helps because in case of any unfortunate incident, they will be able to reach you easily and get you out of trouble. Moreover, it will also help one in maintaining a good relationship with the people back home. You will suddenly realize how much your family members and friends miss you.
• Don’t carry a bulky bag: Carrying one heavy backpack can cause muscle imbalance and lead to strain on the neck, back and shoulders. So, you must avoid carrying one heavy bag and instead, distribute the load evenly on both sides and back. Apart from this, pack only the essential things so that you stay light.
Travelling is a great way to enjoy your life so you should always focus on what can make your journey comfortable rather than a painful experience. If you are suffering from any pain or prone to injuries, then you must take advice from your doctor before planning a vacation. We are hopeful that you liked this article and wish you a happy experience on your next trip.