Consider the functionality of your garden
Do you want to entertain your friends and family in the garden? Consider how many guests can you entertain outside? Entertaining outside is relaxing for both your guests and hosts. Versatile furniture and other elements will optimise the space fully.
Given below are some simple garden furniture design tips-
• Small garden furniture comes into use here. You can place a bench or a table or opt for folding garden furniture in the market.
• Invest in some stools or ottomans for the space. Place some padded cushions on them for a comfortable feel.
• For BBQ parties, consider a gas fire table over fire pits. They serve as an attractive focal point of the garden when not used. Some models can double up as unique coffee tables because of their solid rims.
What are you keen to grow?
Do you want to grow herbs, cut flowers or just some vegetables in your garden? When you have a small garden, consider which of the above you can grow on your own or which of them should you buy from your local gardening store?
Do you have a limited planting space on the ground?
Container gardens are perfect for small spaces. Consider their shape and size before you buy them for your garden. Select containers rectangular, cylindrical or oval in shape. They occupy less space than round and wide containers. Keep them against a wall or a railing.
Do not clutter the garden with multiple pots. You can have one small and one large container on the ground. It is easier for you to water the plants.
To create a cosy space-
• Buy compact plants.
• Consider vertical gardens, hanging plants, railing plants, etc.
• Create a private space.
• Focus on saving every inch of your garden.
• Create colourful foliage of plants.
• Choose your outdoor furniture carefully. There are eye-catching garden furniture covers to protect them against the weather elements of the region.
• Consider adding a water feature like a small water fountain or a bubbling tabletop water pot.
• Create an order- Borderlines give your garden an organised feel and define spaces well.
• Keep the colour palette simple. Keep two to three colours with some green hues.
• Do not clutter your garden.
These garden design tips are ideal for every small space. Choose sleek furniture and carefully select your plants. Add some lanterns and lights to give the space a gentle glow in the night. Outdoor lights often create a high ambience of mystery and give your garden a mystic aura unique to your home. Your garden is an extension of your home, so its décor should blend in naturally with the interiors as well.